Urgent Advice Required - Changing OS on External HDD

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

santoshlv426

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Trying to do some paid freelance work for a mate and need some help guys. He wants to upgrade the OS from Win 7 to Win 10. I have the HDD. Is it possible to use a USB and upgrade the OS on this HDD running it say as a virtual PC from a working PC, rather than doing into the working PC's BIOS anc changing it so that it boot's up on the External HDD, which it will need to "see" via a USB cable.
Essentially, I want to change the OS - using the Win 10 download to do so, but not interfere with the working PC's BIOS or hardware ?

Secondly, if a PC is running Windows 7 Enterprise (Pro) edition, is there any real benefit to go to Win 10 Pro ? I've expereince with Win 10 Home, but not Pro ?

Help and comments today would be most appreciated as I have to give hte HDD back today, if I can't have a stab.

I may not respond to comments, but will take all into account and maybe make a start.

Note if I currently connect the external HDD to the working PC (which will be used for the upgrade), the working PC does see the external HDD as another C Drive. It's connected using a SATA adaptor and USB cable (ie. External HDD).

Appreciate it.

Latest posts