Total noob, thinking of a DIY build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Doge

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
So, after my last post and getting a bit of feedback via PM from Timber_MG (tanks :thumbs:) and some extra reading I've decide I want to work out how much a DIY build will cost and whether it's a good alternative to the kit posted here

My room is 4.6m wide and 4.1m deep at the only real listening position the room allows with a hallway going backwards from the left rear corner.
It is not practical to treat the first reflection point from the left speaker on the right side because of a glass sliding door, so I'm skipping the left side as well, might be able to get some deflection going later.

If I can get hold of 10 sheets of EnergyLite, I will be able to make two 60x120x15cm panels to go diagonally across the front corners , four 60x60x5cm panels for the first reflection points on the side walls and ceiling and one 60x120x10cm panel to put behind me to try and tame upper base from sitting to close to the wall an make it sound further away.

So, can anyone tell me
  • If this will work well, if not, what should I change?
  • Where I might be able to get the EnergyLite from in Pretoria? and how much will it cost?
  • How much better or worse will the bass panels work than Tubesorbers in the kit from Subsonic Acoustics?

Latest posts