Tonearm thoughts

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ingvar Ahlberg

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So yet another looking for ideas/advice/opinions thread regarding stuff needed for a turntable.

Looking for a 12" inch arm for one of the Sony TTS-3000, actually want a Stax UA70 as the one I have resides on the Micro DDX-1000 TT and will stay there, could actually do with just the armtube as I have two extra complete UA70 arms, but without the arm tube, seems to be impossible to find with someone willing to ship to Sweden thou so alternative routes is considered.

Interesting is the Alfred Bokrand Ortofon AS 309 replica (banana version) but I don?t know i he is stiill in business, can?t seem to find a web site, anyone have any experience with this genttlemans arms?

The Schick 12" arm? Looks good but the web site stinks, mostly of realy bad taste and bad photo, perhaps good arms thou?

Then there is the Pro-ject Signature 12" tonearm, looks very good, a bit like a high precision, heavier version of a Moerch UP arm, but does Pro-Ject really produce top class/quality products? I don?t know but the TT:s I have seen (cheap) are nothing I would recomend to anyone.

Anyone with any other good suggestions (not SME, will never be used here)?

(I could go for a SAEC W 308 even if it is a tiny bit shorter, hard to find thou)

Ingvar