Tidal & Apple mConnect streaming puzzle

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pwatts

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Calling on folks using these about a very peculiar issue a friend who recently turned into an audiophile is experiencing: his DAC streamer does not support Roon, so he's using mConnect with an Apple tablet & phone. mConnect is also what the DAC manufacturer recommends for Apple sources, and the DAC is updated with the latest streaming firmware.

When I configure his mConnect on his devices to use my Tidal login credentials, everything is fine, and same when I stream from mConnect on an Android device. However, when he logs in with his, only tracks shorter than 3minutes can play.

The only differences we saw between our accounts was that I had the Hi-Fi subscription and he the normal one (even though it should not make a difference), so he upgraded on the spot. Besides still not working, in the native Tidal app it shows that he can now play Hi-Fi & Master options, but in mConnect even after 24h it still shows only the Normal options. When I log in with my credentials, all is good again. FWIW we tried uninstalling and reinstalling mConnect on both the devices, no difference.

There are almost no settings one can tune between the native Tidal app and mConnect, and everything else seems identical. Any ideas?