Three-SixtyFive Loud Speaker Build

Tzs503gp

AVForums Super Veteran
Joined
Feb 18, 2017
Messages
1,482
Reaction score
329
Location
Gauteng
Router- networking device- pronounced: ?Rooter?
Router- high speed cutting machine- pronounced: ?Rowter?
 

Smitty

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
Cape Town
Tzs503gp said:
Router- networking device- pronounced: ?Rooter?
Router- high speed cutting machine- pronounced: ?Rowter?

As in row a boat? :p  Yes English is mess of a language.

However, you are correct so I'll try and remember that pronunciation going forward. Be forewarned that much video has already been filmed so you'll be stuck hearing "rewter" / "rooter"...
 

Smitty

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
Cape Town
Load-shedding swamped me but more loudspeaker videos have started to be released.

Currently the videos are of the cabinet making which may be of less interest.

I am trying to release them in order but the bass port and damping videos are already edited so more interesting stuff is in the pipeline.
 

Gerlach

AVForums Grandmaster
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
2,650
Reaction score
389
Location
Cape Town
[member=24864]Smitty[/member] As jy nog nie die gate gesny het vir die speakers nie, praat met Chingy op die groep. He made some router circle jigs for us on the group. really handy tool to have. Here is a link https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,93218.0.html I see you in Cape Town side.
 

Smitty

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
Cape Town
Gerlach said:
[member=24864]Smitty[/member] As jy nog nie die gate gesny het vir die speakers nie, praat met Chingy op die groep. He made some router circle jigs for us on the group. really handy tool to have. Here is a link https://www.avforums.co.za/index.php/topic,93218.0.html I see you in Cape Town side.

Thanks but check again for a freshly uploaded video. This one features a router, a ghetto or redneck router circle jig, heck it even shows how to start a fire with a router. ;D

Feedback on videos is always welcome. I can re-edit them until I delete the source files. I am trying not to have too much repetition but then some people like to watch other people work so...  ;D
 

Gerlach

AVForums Grandmaster
Joined
Oct 11, 2016
Messages
2,650
Reaction score
389
Location
Cape Town
Smitty said:
Thanks but check again for a freshly uploaded video. This one features a router, a ghetto or redneck router circle jig, heck it even shows how to start a fire with a router. ;D

Feedback on videos is always welcome. I can re-edit them until I delete the source files. I am trying not to have too much repetition but then some people like to watch other people work so...  ;D

On my way to go check it out  :O0:
 

mahleu

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Moderator
Joined
Jul 10, 2011
Messages
4,222
Reaction score
45
Location
KZN
Tzs503gp said:
Router- networking device- pronounced: ?Rooter?
Router- high speed cutting machine- pronounced: ?Rowter?

I always swap those to irritate my wife. It's got to the point where I now genuinely mix them up quite often.
 

Murray

AVForums Member
Joined
Apr 29, 2011
Messages
180
Reaction score
42
Ah. so now I know what that "spare part" in my bosh router is for. I was thinking of making a foot with a small radius protrusion just for that guide.
 

Smitty

New member
Joined
Dec 22, 2021
Messages
33
Reaction score
8
Location
Cape Town
To help ease the load-shedding blues here is the video for the bass port. It includes calculating the target frequency from the original dimensions and then calculating the new length for the diameter of the tube that was procured. Then we cut and fit the port.

 
Top