The E80L valve

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kubusi

AVForums Member
Reaction score
This is an enquiry to see if any forum members have made use of this very useful valve in either normal single ended pentode or wired as a triode. Same size as the EL84 but with different pinouts and anode dissipation of 8W.compared to the EL84 which is 12W. A pair of them will put out just over 5 watts audio

It is listed by Phillips as a reliable ruggedized long life valve and in the development stage some parameters were only determined after running continuously for a minimum of 10,000 hours. Other tests done, shock 5 times in 4 positions to an acceleration of 500g. Vibration 32 hours in each of 3 positions to a vibration frequency of 50 Hz at an acceleration of 2.5g.       

The way I see it a small amplifier with built with this valve would virtually last a lifetime unless broken physically, I personally have only used one in the audio output of a much modified communications receiver which  was far from HiFi.

If any forum members have used this valve I would like to hear from them. It is also known under an alternative number 6227 and has gold plated pins.

Latest posts