The day has arrived!

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lanshark

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hello!

I have been waiting for the Zappiti NEO for months! I received the first one in SA today. I am not sure who of you know this particular brand of media players.

Just to give you some reference, Back in the day it was AC Ryan and Mede8er that dominated the media player markets, we all had them. Eventually they died off due to smart tv's and embedded playback on bd players and the likes.

The oppo 103D/203 played media flawlessly so does the UB820 (eerm except the unwanted CINAVIA function :point:) but they all missed what mede8er perfected back in the day, Moviewall with metadata!  :rubhands:

These oaks from Zappiti have audiophile grade media players that works really well, I have the first gen Zappiti Pro 4K HDR now for a few years which works absolutely amazing although they have a funny way of managing your movie collections, but you get used to it.

I really like the brand, they are high quality, and have a great support system with continuous development. best of all, it plays ANY format now with the new gen2 players, you can play BR-DISK directly, any ISO file without stuttering or audio/video mismatch. So these guys took it further, you have the movie soundtrack playing while hovering on the title, and you can see trailers, actor info, biography and so on.

I don't use the local harddrives, I am running this on a Synology NAS over SMB, so with the introduction of DSM7 the Zappiti server app did not function anymore, but they since have released a container version which is improved and faster than the previous natively deployed version.

So anyway.. meet the NEO:

See below what the interface looks like.

https://www.zappiti.com/zappiti-experience

Latest posts