Small vacuum tube integrated for desktop use

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I am looking to improve, and have some fun with, a small desktop system. Currently, I use some small Audio Pro Addon active speakers that always impress me but I am getting a bit bored with. I thought I could improve and change by getting a pair of Bentely FR50s and pair this with small tube amp. The FR50s are about the largest size speakers my desk can accommodate and their sealed design allows them to be placed closer to the back wall. They are rated 89db (unusually high for such a small speaker) / 6 ohm and will be used for near field listening (max. 1m away).

I found the below tube amp, the Reisong (Boyuu) Yulu M2 (EL34 Tube, Class A Single-Ended Integrated) that fits the bill in terms of size / footprint which is one criteria. It's rated at 2 x 8w, which, if correct, should be enough power for normal volume, near-field listing?

I have no idea about the engineering or technical designs of this amp and am not into modding (only tube rolling at most). Wanted to hear your views about if the below amp would be suitable and what I could expect from it (seeing that the price point is very low). Also, if you know any alternatives I'd consider other suggestions. I see other Reisong amps, further up the range, generally have favorable reviews in terms of price/value but are too large and also too costly in terms of matching to the budget speakers.

Reisong YULU M2 Tube EL34 integrated Valve amplifier single-ended Class A BoyuuR : China-hifi-Audio audiophile tube amplifier online store, Willsenton, Boyuurange Reisong, Muzishare Integrated Amplifier, power amp, preamp, SoundArtist Speaker for sale [MUIA9831494] - $176.52 USD

Link: Amp on Aliexpress

1660213000884.png

1660213036833.png

1660220630460.png

Latest posts