Site downtime

kay

AVForums Super Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Due to a technical error on my part, the site was unavailable today (13 May) between 10:30 and 16:30. The permissions on the root folder of the webserver changed slightly and all the sites hosted became unavailable. Apologies for the inconveniece - one bit makes all the difference!

I hope I didn't ruin your day - [email protected] was still available but I only found out about this now (thanks, Martin!). I was actually setting up some mailboxes so never even considered that I've somehow affected the web server. Time to set up some automated monitoring methinks.

placebo

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Now you tell me.I threw our IT Manager off the 5th Floor of our building as a result of not being able to access the site.Thank goodness he landed on his head so no damage was done.

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I keep getting this error message over the past two days when clicking on my usual link. Dunno why?:

Oops! Internet Explorer could not find www.avforums.co.za
Try reloading: www.?avforums.?co.?za/?index.?php

Additional suggestions:
?Access a cached copy of www.?avforums.?co.?za/?index.?php
?Go to www.?avforums.?com/?index.?php
?Search on Google:
Google Toolbar Help - Why am I seeing this page?

?2010 Google - Google Home

kay

AVForums Super Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I don't know, but there should not have been any interruptions in service for quite some time. Anybody else experiencing problems connecting?

alternativeroute

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I think there has been an internet 'hickup' today as quite a few sites I was trying to access were down... All working again though...

Try resetting your cookie by logging out and logging back in again.

LAV

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
This morning when accessing this site, the "Classifieds" only returned three ads and the page didn't load completely, but after two page refresh attempts it worked perfectly. Possibly a transient 'Net hiccup somewhere.

gbyleveldt

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score

Attachments

• here.jpg
    here.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 64

AVSA Andrew

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Lol, wise-ass. iBurst was even worse, but they now tell me some leaking info pipe in London has been fixed, so I can connect properly from home. We'll see...

Dingbat

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
AVSA Andrew said:
For past two days I keep getting an error message from Firefox telling me it can't find avforums. Weird.

mmmm Not the first time you've had that prob ;D ;D blaming your tools again ?  :p