Secure access, finally

kay

AVForums Super Veteran
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
AVForums is now available over https://www.avforums.co.za. This will soon become the default but everyone is welcome to test and update their bookmarks already. Please post about any issues you may encounter in this thread.

CAD

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
No issue here since the little padlock appeared at the top of my browser  :thumbs:

gavinbirss

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Fresh tab, page openend, logged on - green padlock, but jumps to partially secured when going to "View the most recent posts on the forum." and also when opening a thread.

When replying (typing message) - green padlock

Linux/Firefox

Katji

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
i think you'll find the "partially secured" is because "images not secure."  No problem.

Steerpike

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
All nice, but I'm wondering... WHO is posting and reading WHAT, that I cannot see, that they would want to be securely encrypted?

The forum seems to be public access - no log-in required to see posts, so what exactly is being protected? Naughty PMs?

dekardy

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Steerpike said:
All nice, but I'm wondering... WHO is posting and reading WHAT, that I cannot see, that they would want to be securely encrypted?

The forum seems to be public access - no log-in required to see posts, so what exactly is being protected? Naughty PMs?

Your username and password for a start which could lead to give someone access to information that you may have shared via pm.

Wietsche

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Family_Dog said:
have you perhaps looked at my profile?  :RTFM:

-F_D
X2n bbv b m c vfc ccx bc ccx. V zzzz bx bfg4454 xss bvxz.    N vfc 8 uut z2'd  c x xss mnb ccx v  fcz CV vv cc VCR  ccx

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk