RIP

naboo

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Sad to hear, No Escape was really cool at the time. Very versatile actor.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score
220527102152-01-alan-white-exlarge-169.jpg

MR.C

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
https://ewn.co.za/2022/06/04/702-broadcaster-john-berks-has-passed-away

Legend of Radio

Sent from my SM-N970F using Tapatalk

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Sad news indeed, I used to listen to his morning show on Radio 5 many moons ago. Can't quite recall if he was also on Highveld Stereo, possibly. Think he did a stint on LM Radio as well, and of course on 702. I was never a fan of the Talk Radio show that 702 transformed into so never gave it a listen.

What a loss, the boytjie from Klerksdorp, where, in his own words, he stated: "Tommy Stevens, Principal of Milner High School told me I would never get anywhere". Well, he did - Humba Kahle, John Berks.

-F_D

FranZAR

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Reaction score
Alec John Such, bassist and founding member of rock band Bon Jovi, has passed away at the age of 70.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score
Alec John Such, bassist and founding member of rock band Bon Jovi, has passed away at the age of 70.

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk
Just found out about this - he was one of the quiet ones but integral to the success of the band in the beginning.
AJS played played on the band’s first five albums, including hits like “Livin’ on a Prayer” and “Wanted Dead or Alive”

R.I.P.

GettyImages-1301100073.jpg

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I just noticed, as many of you may already have done, that @croak post count is about to be exceeded by our @chrisc as he is ±202 posts behind.
So I thought it may be relevant to raise a glass to our dear departed forum friends in appreciation of all their contributions to the forum and individual members that knew them and benefitted from their knowledge, service, and friendship. Cheers to each and every one of our departed friends. 🍻

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I wish I had the expertise, knowledge and experience of Guillaime Lemaire (croak) who left us so suddenly last year
As well as being a fountain of knowledge, nothing was too much trouble for him to take time out and deal with a readers problem, however simple or involved it would be
He was kindness itself in sharing information
And is always missed

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Folks, it is with deep sadness that I have to announce that our very own Johan Potgieter (Ampdog) passed away this morning just after 4:00 after a brief period of hospitalisation.

Our sincerest condolences to his friends and family.

Like Abe... Another Legend is lost....

-F_D

capetownwatches

Veteran Nogschlepper
Reaction score
Folks, it is with deep sadness that I have to announce that our very own Johan Potgieter (Ampdog) passed away this morning just after 4:00 after a brief period of hospitalisation.

-F_D
Damn. a shitty way to begin the day with this news. Johan's contribution to this forum will be very sorely missed. Irreplaceable.

afroaudio

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score

-F_D
Very sad news indeed! such a gentleman with a wealth of knowledge that benefited many here

ghostinthemachine

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score

-F_D
Ai that's sad news on this dark cold day today. The last of the old old guard...!

MusicMan_ZA

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score

-F_D
Very sad news. My condolences.

charles

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
"Folks, it is with deep sadness that I have to announce that our very own Johan Potgieter (Ampdog) passed away this morning just after 4:00 after a brief period of hospitalisation.

-F_D"

Very sad news indeed, Johan was a very good friend. I will miss the interesting and knowledgeable conversations and personal interactions we had.

Our sincere condolences to his friends and family.

Rest In Peace