Return To Bookshelfs

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Evening All,

My first foray into proper hi-fi was in 1990 - returned from the UK with a NAD 3020, Rotel CD, Monitor Audio Bookshelfs, Linn Sondek turntable.

Very much a part time audio pleb so after a couple of changes ended up with a Marantz PM7005, B&W 603s2, same Rotel CD player (30 years old!) but listen mainly via streaming (Tidal etc).

Have now down-sized the house and the 603's are in the way and idling along - so looking for bookshelfs again - done some googling and a bit confused! My gut desire is for B&W 606s2 (or 607s2), but it looks like there are more affordable yet decent options like Monitor Audio Bronze 100, Mission QX2, Dali Spektor 2 and more.

There are many knowledgeable folk here so would appreciate some ideas and opinions, and are there still brick-n-mortar shops to go and listen to speaker/amp combos?

Room size is 5m x 4m but is partially open plan to kitchen/diner so a bit more volume than a 5x4 room. Music preference is general pop/rock, and I pipe DSTV/Netflix through amp & speakers.

Thanks in advance for ideas.

Cheers
Tom

Latest posts