problem with NAD C545BEE cd player

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

leonsound

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Hello,

Not sure if this is correct forum, but can't find a better one.

My NAD C545 BEE is starting to act up like this:
Upon switch on it doesn't regocnise the disc. It knows there is a disc but says "read error". I then open/close and it will read. Now (winter coldness?) it doesn't read it then either, only after a couple of tries.  Once it starts playing everything is 100%, no tracking problems. and if is stays on it will play fine when started some time later again (but it auto-offs after a while of inactivity).
I noticed that when it doesn't want to read, you don't hear the disc starting to spin either, and if you hear it spinning up you know it will work.  I haven't opened it up yet, any suggestions?

My older 521i had a similar problem, which turned out to be the rubber belt in the open/close mechanism that was old, stretched and slipping, and upon closing it didn't finish clamping the CD completely. 
This I think is different because it also happens when an existing CD (that played) is in the player when you switch it on.

Regards
Leon