Pops and zaps

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naboo

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
On a cold Sunday morning, I  decided that Pink Floyd would warm me up. Just as a crazy diamond started shining, a light pop was audible and sound was no more. All valves were still shining like crazy diamonds, though. I let it rest and tried a couple of times throughout the course of the day, same story. The lights are on but there's nobody home.

I thought I'll check for a fuse this morning. Got hold of the schematic, indeed there is a fuse. I opened it up and pulled the fuse. I felt a light zap. Ok, enough I'll rather take it to someone who knows what they're doing. Checked the fuse since it was out anyway - fuse is fine. Put it back and closed it up. Tried one last time, now the lights are off and there's nobody home.

Who can I take it to in Jo'burg and surrounds? I don't want to play with high voltages. [member=13876]Mushroom[/member] I think you recommended someone but they were in Pretoria?