OpenMediaVault 6

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

User121314

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
For those using OMV - version 6 is in Beta & is certainly a massive upgrade in terms of the GUI.

I've been running OMV 6 in a VM for the last week or so to play with it & test functionality with all the add-ons I'm currently using (AdGuard Home, Unifi Controller, qBitorrent, Handbrake & recently Speedtest).

Functionality of the old basic OMV is there, and working fine. Plugins are not all there yet (some still being rewritten for OMV 6) and installing OMV-extras currently requires some command line typing.
Docker & Portainer are not 100% fully functional, so adding my various additions tends to break it, but I am sure this will be rectified over time & before the stable release of OMV 6.

Once there is the second stable release I'll upgrade my NAS & install OMV 6 on top of Debian so I can use the OS drive for storage as well like I do currently (It's a 500GB drive, OMV 5 & all the extras have a partition of 50GB, so the rest I use in a separate partition & use that partition to backup my desktop PC daily).

Some images:

Old login screen:

1-old-Login.jpg

New login screen (the image is animated too!):

2-new-home.jpg

Old dashboard:

1-old-home.jpg

New dashboard:

new-login.jpg