Not your avarage cat - Mr Mish the Serval

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ghostinthemachine

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Good day guys

I thought I'd share this with you today after all the dust have cleared. This past weekend we moved out of the farm house we rented, 15 kilmeters from Lydenburg. We had some fun times there and I was fortunate to have been able to operate a small recording studio there as well as an audio repair shop and related operations. But the most amazing thing we could ever have experienced there was raising a baby Serval kitten.

Mr Mish (like I used to call him) or Misha (as he was christened) was brought to us by one of the farm workers, after they accidentally destroyed its nest when cutting grass and baling in the nearby fields. The kitten was a tiny bag of bones and terrified. We gave him a bath to get rid of all the dust and nasties and fed him milk with a bottle. Within two weeks he gained good weight and became a energetic little baby.

As the months went by he grew at a steady pace into a handsome young cat - to the absolute terror of our 3 regular-sized domestic cats.

He loved to play soccer with his own little soccer ball and was also a master at pouncing us, when we least expect it, from behind a corner.

He was free and came and went as he pleased. During the day he was somewhere in the field nearby either sleeping or catching small creatures. Late in the evening he would rush into the kitchen and whistle/meow for his bowl of grub (minced chicken meat and bones) and when it was not given to him quickly enough he would protest and lash out.

He had this clever yet funny way of doing his "business" in the bathtub. But not just anywhere. Directly over the drain hole. So when it was pee you only could hear him go and the expression on his face what that of sheer contentment. How he figured that out we will never know but it was darn cute.

Forward to this past weekend.

We were requested by the owners of the house to vacate the place as they need it for their own use. Up to this weekend we had no place to go and to be honest, we are deeper in crap than knee height (financially).

Arrangements was made with a kind and enthusiastic gentleman from Hammanskraal who came to pick up Mr Mish. The guy has a serval of his own and lives on a huge wildlife estate where he has various other wild animals. Misha will be cared for there and will now have a girlfriend and someone who can feed him and give him all the love he needs.

He will be missed.

10556425_355616647936757_8933714952267864247_n_zpsa657f830.jpg

One day where there is a few bucks again we will hopefully be able to go and visit him.

Latest posts