NEW CINEMA / MUSIC ROOM BUILD ADVICE

Hannibal

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi All you good people.

Its been a million years since my last post.........

I have an opportunity to construct a dedicated listening and AV Room from scratch and am looking for advice on room dimensions from those that are in the know.

I have over the years experienced some magnificent sounding rooms and some disastrous ones too.

So far the best room I have encountered is Valveaglo's 4.5m by 5.5m fully carpeted lounge / listening room, whilst my worst came from my previous home where I was in a 6 by 8 room which fought me all the way especially when BASS was concerned.

Please let me have your thoughts on the above as I have 1 shot at this and REALLY want to get it right this time  :)

Regards

Warren
aka Hannibal

SeanS

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
what are your constraints... can you do anything?... then it becomes difficult :)..

I may be doing the same soon if plans work out, but it will be 6m by 6m, by 2.4,  equal l/W is not ideal but I can make it smaller with furniture / break up spaces with dividers etc. Mine will double as office. More space gives more options.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
SeanS said:
what are your constraints... can you do anything?... then it becomes difficult :)..

I may be doing the same soon if plans work out, but it will be 6m by 6m, by 2.4,  equal l/W is not ideal but I can make it smaller with furniture / break up spaces with dividers etc. Mine will double as office. More space gives more options.

My understanding is that square rooms are discouraged