Members' Kit pics

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have not posted here in a while. Just sharing how far I have gone with my room. The recent work done on it was painting the door red. It was a lot of work to paint with oil paint for someone like me that’s so bad with DIY stuff

Attachments

• D5645C80-67B0-4E02-A185-59A34D7819C7.jpeg
    D5645C80-67B0-4E02-A185-59A34D7819C7.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • 8685BBBA-4D44-4801-ADBC-8F5E357E183D.jpeg
    8685BBBA-4D44-4801-ADBC-8F5E357E183D.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0

adie

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Red- the weakest pigment and therefore usually needs more carefully applied coast.
Stunning room. I can only imagine what it sounds like.

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Red- the weakest pigment and therefore usually needs more carefully applied coast.
Stunning room. I can only imagine what it sounds like.
It took me about 5 days to get it right. Started with an oil based primer followed by about 4 coats of red with a day between each application.

The room treatment has worked wonders for the room

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Love the new seats. Where are they from?
Relocation sale. Same seats as at Ster Kinekor Cinema Nuoveau

Family_Dog

AVForums Grandmaster
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
very nice Timba! I had dreams of doing something similar but my proposed HT room ended up as being a sort of store room for all my beloved Vintage equipment, which sadly has become completely out of hand. But I love it all, so they remain!

-F_D

TimbaLand

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
very nice Timba! I had dreams of doing something similar but my proposed HT room ended up as being a sort of store room for all my beloved Vintage equipment, which sadly has become completely out of hand. But I love it all, so they remain!

-F_D
I hope mine motivates you to change the “store room” into a dedicated room 😀

optimus

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I have not posted here in a while. Just sharing how far I have gone with my room. The recent work done on it was painting the door red. It was a lot of work to paint with oil paint for someone like me that’s so bad with DIY stuff
Those seats look awesome. And you know they built to last.

shunpillay

Reaction score

WhoIsJOB

AVForums Member
Reaction score
@ScottulusMaximus
Karel's amps are amazing. Really loving my Exceller with 2 x 6SN7 and KT88's, which probably pale in comparison to your preamp + power amp setup.
Can you give some details on the KT120 he is building?

ScottulusMaximus

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
@ScottulusMaximus
Karel's amps are amazing. Really loving my Exceller with 2 x 6SN7 and KT88's, which probably pale in comparison to your preamp + power amp setup.
Can you give some details on the KT120 he is building?

It's basically the power section of his "Companion" amplifier, using 6SN7's for drivers and then KT120's in push/pull for the output. Mains transformer is his custom winding and the OTP's I imported from Edwards Audio in the US.

Has a bunch of other custom touches like a single enclosure at the back for the transformers, a cage over the top of the tubes, smoked glass front and integrated VU meters as well.

WhoIsJOB

AVForums Member
Reaction score
It's basically the power section of his "Companion" amplifier, using 6SN7's for drivers and then KT120's in push/pull for the output. Mains transformer is his custom winding and the OTP's I imported from Edwards Audio in the US.

Has a bunch of other custom touches like a single enclosure at the back for the transformers, a cage over the top of the tubes, smoked glass front and integrated VU meters as well.
Gonna have to go take a look before he ships it off, cause that sounds mighty interesting!

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have the smaller brother of this and love the pic quality.
I will change to Samsung when they release their QOLED. 20% brighter. That's what the LG is lacking.

KenMasters

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I have the smaller brother of this and love the pic quality.
I will change to Samsung when they release their QOLED. 20% brighter. That's what the LG is lacking.
We get less and less sensitive to changes in brightness the brighter things get. The difference is not likely to be as noticeable as you think. The real difference comes in with colour at higher levels, without the dilution caused by the white sub-pixel employed in LG panels, the Samsung panels will hold their colour better at high brightness levels (and colour temperature off angle).

Last edited: