Issue with Projector Handshake

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AshDeano

Reaction score
Hi All

Wonder if someone can please point me in the right direction to solve this.

I have a Optoma UHD 65 projector, that seems to struggle with 4K content intermittently. I run it through my Denon X2400 AVR (firmware updated) and stream content mainly through my Apple TV or PS4 Pro. I've tooled around with settings on the AVR (admittedly like a chimp with a hammer) to no avail.

Essentially what happens is it seems to loose signal for a second (The little block at the bottom of the screen says "No signal" and then reacquires it after searching for signal for a bit, then plays content for 10 minutes and looses signal (repeat until I get frustrated throw the remote at the wall and cry a little) . Let me know if there's any other information that I can provide that may help. When it does get it right the image is beautiful. This seems to have gotten worse recently. Switching the 4K HDMI setting on the AVR from "Standard" to "Enhanced" makes no difference. Any guidance from the AV gods will be so appreciated and I will burn a fresh Optical cable as an incense sacrifice.

Latest posts