Is the Daan Jacoks mosfet amp a Hafler, Kraftwerk, Hitachi or his own?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Seanudal

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi, I am looking for info on the old RS electronics Annilator? When looking at the Hafler is looks almost the same except the relay. The mosfets are Hitachi in T03 form factor. RS Electronics still sells this amp and their website clearly says it is their intellectual property. (That is fine.) The RS 2 preamp is very similar to the Hafler DH-100 and the Reference 4 speakers look just like the Dahlquist DQ-10 except they are 5 way with different cross overs. So nothing is an exact copy, just inspired by other good tech at the time. I like this system as pure analog and sounds exquisite for classical music, jazz and especially guitar with vocals. Dire Straights. I think this is what was used to demo the speakers in that little room. Can anyone else remember.

I see the mosfets have changed from the T03 to a square black ones. A bit of old South African audio history and a man who influenced lots of DIY audio lovers. He made good sound affordable back in the 90s.

https://www.kenrockwell.com/audio/hafler/dh-200.htm