Home Cinema demo room - Mirror Edge Networks

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morgan Irwin

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
It has been just over 2 years since I received the keys to the Mirror Edge Networks office (a house in Pinelands, Cape Town).
At the time, I quickly setup this demo system:

Mirror Edge Networks Home Cinema demo room-7020.jpg

I am however now very happy to announce that in just over 1 month, I will start on the build out of a complete demo home cinema.
As it stands, we anticipate that the build out will take about 1 week: 19th to 23 December 2022.
I will probably post a few progress photos (and maybe even a few videos) of the project.
I will use the time between Christmas and New Years to address any snags, updates, calibration, etc

In January 2023 I will start hosting home cinema experience evenings.
The invitation is to anyone who is interested in learning more about home cinemas, my methods of designing and building home cinemas, the speakers and electronics used in home cinemas.
My intention is to host fairly regular home cinema evenings where I can introduce the idea of surround sound, and high channel count cinemas to those of the community that are interested to learn more.
There are certain elements of this home cinema room that I am not going to publish publicly, as I would like them to be part of the discovery process of those that join me.

If you are not familiar with my work, these are a few photos of my past home cinema builds:
1669054132529.jpeg

View attachment 1669054155296.jpeg

1669054177796.jpeg

If this is something that interests you, please send me a Private Message and advise your intent, as I would like to start building up a list of those who are interested.
This will help plan out when these will take place, and will also help with catering, etc.

I have been looking forward to this for a long time and can't wait to share this passion for home cinemas with more of you!

Latest posts