"High speed cables" - snake oil does not even compare

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LouisF

AVForums Super Veteran
AV Forums Supporter
Reaction score
I had a pretty good idea regarding the speed of electricity in a conductor which is very near the speed of light and according to this article: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Speed_of_electricity
that pretty much appears to be the case as far as a "good conductor" like copper and gold, for instance, is concerned. More importantly, the speed of propagation along the conductor is so high and any deviations from that due to the quality of the copper used as conductor is infinitesimal, which means too small to make any difference to anything.
I believe that all of you know this and that reference to "high speed cable" is either just a proprietary name for someone's product or a joke. Right?

In my view it is in the same category as a "fast speaker". Unless of course if the speaker is mounted in some or other hyper car.  :ROFLMAO:
Sound travels at 761 mph, or 1100 feet/second. Always. Regardless of what transducer is used.