Help with sealed box subwoofer build

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tzs503gp

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I bought the AE woofers from Stu. I want to offload LF duties from my mains to a pair of subs I plan to build with those drivers. I have the ability to cross over at 70/100/140hz with 6/12/18db slopes via a Bryston 10B. I have basically got everything in hand to start building, as soon as I complete a work project that?s coming up. I?ve been scouring the web to try and come up with what size box to build. I want to build sealed.

I need help from the guys with experience on this: What QTC box do I build? Size is not so much of a consideration here. I can do the 0.4 QTC box at 200+ litres if you say so. Which of the following alignments yield the best integration with my sealed YGs? I can build 0.4, and add solid filling to it to increase QTC, but that is a situation I?d like to avoid as far as possible.

Here?s the graphs:

I?m not after the lowest/loudest bass. I want clean, tight audiophile bass. I know my room is going to be the biggest challenge. I am trying to educate myself adequately to be able to deal with those issues via various options for EQ. But I need to a solid foundation to work with. Which QTC is the best foundation?

Latest posts