Help in identifying my cables

chrisd

AVForums Member
Reaction score
https://www.flickr.com/photos/[email protected]/51315506374/in/dateposted-public/
Hello All, will a knowledgeable member help me to identify the fatter of the two cables in the photo.I know the slimmer cable is QED Silver Anniversary which I bought in England IN 2019.The fatter cable I also thought was QED Silver Anniversary.I bought this a very long time back.It was brought to me by a family member from London and up till now I thoght it was also QED Silver Anniversary.Maybe it was QED Ruby Anniversary if there ever was a cable like that.Basically I'm trying to identify the fatter cable and determine if it is directional from amp to speaker as I cannot see any markings on the cable.Can anyone help?
Thanks very much

chrisc

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
There will be 0.0000001% difference depending whether you reverse them or not

More important is the diameter or cross-section of the cables.  To me they look similar, but check the actual copper part for size

chrisd

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi members,
                  My wife's eyes are better than mine and between us we could make out the the fatter cable is Chord Carnival Silver Screen.However I take the point made that it would not make one iota of difference.Thanks again for the contributions.

naughty

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
on speaker cable - the only time i believe in directionality is when you have one of those cables with a box inbetween like the transparent (brand) or MIT ones which are reputed to generally be zobel impedance networks

generally though for aesthetics when the arrows are visible i just follow the direction of the arrows - i mean if the arrows are seen then having them pointing in the wrong direction just "looks" pretty clueless even if it doesn't sound different  :giggle:

if there are no arrows visible on the sheath - just plump them on in any direction and bobs your uncle

chrisd

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Thanks very much. It just seems that all the speaker cables I have owned prior to the Chords did have directionality shown on the cable.

Sent from my LYA-L09 using Tapatalk