HDMI ARC questions

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

irengineer

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Mods - Please move if this is the wrong space for this question.

I am getting a new 4K TV for the first time in 11 years ;-) I have an Amazon Firestick 4K and would love to take advantage of the resolution on the new panel. So my current plan is to connect the 4K Firestick directly to the TV and to run an HDMI cable to my Yamaha Aventage RX-A2010 receiver. The receiver supports HDMI 1.4 with ARC. Can I select the 4K Firestick as the source on the TV and then feed the Dolby audio back to the receiver via the ARC connection? My receiver is not 4K capable. This is the only plan I can think of without upgrading my receiver in the short term to a 4K capable unit while enjoying 4K resolution on the new panel. At the moment I plug the Firestick directly into the HDMI port on the receiver as everything I own was basic 1080P capable. So I use the source switching on the amp. In the future I want to select the Firestick as the source on the TV but feed the audio to the receiver via HDMI. Is this possible or am I stuck in 1080P until I upgrade the receiver?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Latest posts