Guillaume Lemaire

ron g

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
last track i listened to at his place. probably very shortly before he got sick.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17s_aJfSrrI&ab_channel=MusicFog

oradba69

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Last artist he introduced me to when he fitted my Songbird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fNzTQFhSxJw

Scubadude

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Just had a look at Hi-P's stats ... Averaged over 1000 posts per year for 14 years, logged in for a total duration of just under 300 days during that time. The forum is much quieter without our most prolific poster ... And he always maintained an impeccable SNR. While we miss him, so much of his wisdom is documented in these pages. Every time I read some old posts I am reminded of his massive contribution to this hobby.

legro

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Thanks for the above, Scubadude.

I have a veritable library of info from Guillaume on my phone through sms and wazzaps, desktop through emails, and through the forum.

He was most generous with help and advice, indeed so generous that his comprehensive  response to an off hand query often caught me by surprise.

He is missed already, and will be sorely missed in the future.

Alastair

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
I was just in talks with him about 2 weeks ago getting advice on a balanced cable for my headphone setup.  I was going to order one from him as soon as I could get the money together to pay for it. 

This was the first time I recall interacting with him.  I can only echo all the kind words that have been said before.

Alastair

rockmeister

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Thinking of G tonight whilst listening to some nick cave

His favorite art piece, missing him more and more as time passes.

It feels weird but the hifi room feels empty without his chats and music suggestions.

a01e332da983e3b1a41009f0e278bf42.jpg

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hilton

AVForums Member
Reaction score
:'(

Condolences to his family.  Met him many years ago for one of his LP service and setups on my deck, together with his Hercules PS.  A huge loss to our local AV community.

RIP

Ajay-L

AVForums Member
Reaction score
My condolences to family and friends.

I was looking for a turntable cartridge last year and due to Covid lockdown restrictions it was slim pickings. Guillaume offered me a Sumiko cartridge which I quickly paid for. A few days later he messaged me to ask about how I was getting on with the Sumiko cartridge. I told him I was going to have to wait a bit because in my haste to remove the old cartridge, I had pulled out one of the tonearm wire lugs and could not get any solder wire. At his own cost he couriered me some Cardas silver solder which worked like a bomb.

I don't know if the thought of a fellow music lover going without being able to listen to music on his turntable made him do that or what. But, it was a very kind gesture that showed me the kind of person he was.

Go well kind sir, the gentlemanly way that you interacted with forum members and customers will be greatly missed.