GENESIS 450 XS Coming home tomorrow

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XL1000

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score

Last night before the Big Trek to KZN - Hope it's clear sailing and the trucks are at a minimum.
Who is used to the DBN run leaving JHB early morning - plan to be on the road by 02h00 / 02h30 and get to Mount Edgecomb between 10/11 am.
Then I hired a chap to help me on Sunday morning to carry the beasts from the car to the first floor before I have to head off to the Vaal to go install a security system at Club Milos.

Has anyone in JHB heard a pair of these before? I hope they are at least as enjoyable as my Lyras and that way I would be hard-pressed as to which pair I need to hang onto and can argue keeping both pairs. If the difference is far greater than expected, then I may have to move on to one or the other.
Having recently had the Infinity Kappa 8.1 I am rather excited to see how these do.

Bobby of Electronic Lifestyle has heard a pair and said they were endgame speakers. The only issue is that much like the Kappa, they drop to 1 Ohm and that is sure to test [member=541]Schalk[/member]
Predator.
On the aesthetics, I would love to have them finished in Piano Gloss Black if I do end up keeping them. Then together with the Sound Structure's stand, I am yet to collect, they will look very impressive together and suit the black & white theme of the room (Ok, there are blue sound panels).

Given the $20,000 retail price back then in 2000 and the 6.3 exchange rate, these would have been equal to R 220,000.00 retail back then.
Also, the pedigree of the designers is held in high regard. So yes, all in all, a very excited chap!!!  :rubhands: