Full-range 8": Richard Allan CG8T. Any love?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of speakers yesterday that had 8" whizzer cone Richard Allan CG8T 6 ohm drivers fitted. They are large bookshelf boxes that had previously contained multiple drivers and had been roughly repurposed by the installation of these drivers. No particular effort had been made to close the old baffle holes. I bought these just for the drivers, to replace those in my friend's old speakers that appear to be transmission line enclosures. By the time I got to them the drivers had been blown, so I never got to hear them in a proper enclosure. But last night I gave the new acquisition a brief listen and was pleasantly surprised by their sound. My friend is old-school, preferring the valve & transmission line sound, so I'm amped to help him get his sound sorted out. (He sometimes hints at getting an old Pioneer valve amp fixed that he has fondly preserved - but it's been several decades now...).

Does anyone here have experience with these drivers? I would appreciate any tips that will help get the most from them.

Latest posts