Experience or opinion on these: Isophon B25A, Sansui W100 and Pioneer PW302a?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeonC

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
Hi guys

I need some help with any info, specs or opinions on a few drivers. I got all of these in a single (AWESOME!! :Whoohoo:) deal from a Kent Kassler, along with a pair of Peerless HE tweeters (thanks again, Andre. You are the BEST! :dop:). I intend using them in a pair of 3-way, OB speakers.

I need some info, specs or just opinion on the following drivers (or the speakers they came from):
1. Isophon B25A full-range drivers,
2. Sansui W100 10" woofers (from the Sansui SP100 speakers), and,
3. Pioneer PW302a 12" woofers (8-ohm versions, from the Pioneer CS-A31A speakers)

All these units are alnico. From the info I have found it seems that the Isophon B25A are full-range drivers. The only manufacturer's frequency response graph I could get was for the older Isophon P25/25/11 (they look very similar to the B25A), and they have a response plateau between 2kHz and 7kHz (see pic below). The other frequency response graph I have is from a German site (cannot remember the address). That graph is the 2nd pic below.

As far as the Sansui W100 and the Pioneer PW302a are concerned, they both come from speakers that were rated (by the two manufacturers) at circa 100dB/W. This seems a bit optimistic to me, so I was hoping someone else had some info on these for me.

I hope some of the knowledgeable folks here on the forum can help me.

Thanks,
Deon

PS. I have also bought a pair of the Isophon 10" x 7" oval drive-units on eBay. They look exactly similar to those Lukasz Fikus uses in his P24 Delusion speakers. I might end up going for a 4-way system, using the Isophon B25A as lower mids, but I am not sure. I think my listening distance is too close to make that viable, but we will see. :rubhands:

Isophon_P25_25_11.jpg

Isophon P25/25/11 manufacturers response graph

Isophon_B25_freq_response.jpg

Isophon B25 frequency response graph (from the web)

p24%20004.jpg

Isophon oval drivers in Lukasz (Dr. Lampizator) Fikus' Delusion P24 speakers

IMG_6457.jpg

The back of the Isophon oval drivers in Lukasz (Dr. Lampizator) Fikus' Delusion P24 speakers