Drywall speakers

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BobsYourUncle

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
Hi all

I'll be moving to the states soon and,  jn new york , space being the premium it is , I won't have a room with a door that closes to keep cats and kids away.

My current solution for there is a B&W airplay speaker or an Altec Lansing 650 Octiv which is a step away from the power amp Monitor Audio golds and silvers that I'm used to.

I'll be taking my Rotel RB985 with but I don't know what to do about speakers.
My step son and daughter are lively and horse around along with 3 indoor cats does not = speaker safe invironemt.

The setting is that there is a drywall behind the TV that separates the master bedroom from the living room.
Some years ago I had a set of paradigm cinema satellite speakers that sounded awesome but haven't heard satellite speakers sound as good since.

Will the drywall starve an inceiling speaker ?
I dont think there is space for inwall speakers.
I really don't want to be without hifi and a portable speaker is way too much of a compromise. It's dry wall qnd I dint want to mount a decent pair of bookshelves on it as I fear they will come off.

Anyone been in a similar situation ? I don't really want a sub going above 60hz .

Please.excuse typos but I really battle with touch screen phones