BMW valve stem seals opinion

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

simphiwes

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Got a BMW 120i E87 smoking cigars at random but mostly when she's been running round. So early morning start doesn't set her off but when she gets warm she starts blowing smoke. She's done 200k and recently did an oil and filter service with the dealer but they didn't pick up anything else. So sometimes when she idles there's this odd smell not sure whether it's coolant or oil. Did some looking round on the net  :coffee: and have been more conflicted than clear on what the issue is. The net leans more on pcv valves or cvv valves. When I spoke to a local mechanic he thinks its valve stem seals. Oh btw she drinks a litre of oil every once a month sometimes and rarely so she takes a second litre within the same month, not sure if this is normal. Been getting quotes between 5k and 10k to fix stem seals :be:. Being this time of year engineering shops are closed so got me.thinking I could get a second opinion from the experienced members of my beloved forum :notworthy:.

Thanks in advance.

Latest posts