Blaupunkt A1000 Stereo Amplifier info?

martino

Reaction score
Hi. Ive been trying to find some info/specs on the A1000. However I cant find any info anywhere.
I recently picked up the A1000 and matching tuner ( T1000) for R200. The amps one channel is blown, the other one works.
Is it worth fixing?
Its actually in mint condition so I was just wondering...
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Martino

Shonver

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
That was the powerhouse of the Blaupunkt 1000 stack "music centre", which was the system of my teens. IIRC it was rated at 30WRMS. As a system it sounded very good, though I suspect that the amp itself is not neutral. For a while I had substituted a friend's Kenwood KA-70 in place of the A1000, and found the sound to be flat. But the system was singing again when the Blaupunkt amp was put back in place. I'd recommend fixing it up.

Trompie67

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
I'd fix it - purely for the nostalgia!

Bought one new as a teen from some dodgy electronics shop Jhb CBD. It worked faithfully without any faults for me as a stereo amp for about 5 years, and then did double duty as a PA amp for horse shows. Got left behind in an acrimonious divorce. Been keeping an eye out for one ever since!

If you are in Jozi then Nilam will be able to take a look at it for you.

martino

Reaction score
Thank you for the replies. If it can be repaired I will do so. It's a really cool looking amp. Really looks and feels old school.