Best way to watch Netflix with 5.1 Surround

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cam

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
Good day people, I have a sony bluray that I was using to watch netflix with coax to my old (no sound through hdmi)receiver. The bluray worked very well for sound and picture quality when it did work but very troublesome otherwise. (dnt think id buy sony in a hurry again) At the moment Netflix loads but then gives an error when trying to watch something (error code aip701). Since then I have been using chromecast into the tv with optical cable to the receiver, this works but with no pass through for 5.1 on the tv  which means movies play with stereo sound. From other websites I believe netflix also does not suppport 5.1 through their android app, is this true? And besides this what is the best option for me to get 5.1 sound back? Should I just get a new bluray with netflix and coax out? Any android boxes that have coax out that work well? or maybe an hdmi splitter to extract the sound from the chromecast and send to the receiver via coax? any suggestions?