Best way to clean a clogged Canon print head is ..... ???

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bernard

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
My Canon iP6700D black nozzle is totally blocked. This printer is a real workhorse. I have refilled all my Canons for the last 15 years and whenever the nozzles get blocked I just mix a warm muti of ammonia, iso_alcohol and hot water ..... let the jets (only) soak for a couple of hours and then stroke them with a fine, soft artist's brush under a trickle of hot water. Circuit board is kept out the way.

That has been my proven method all these years. Well, the gap between the last print job and now was longer than usual. The black is about 90% blocked. Other colours are perfect after today's cleaning exercise.

At the moment I've decided to let it soak overnight in the muti.
I've also filled a length of pipe with the mix and placed it over the inlet nozzle where the ink enters to the jet.

It's about 5 inches head of fluid and it's dropped an inch the last couple of hours.

Can't get replacement heads in SA anymore. Alibaba possibly still has them but I know it's just blocked. Can't budge the black bits.

Any other ideas ?

It's really worth filling these things as a full set of cartridges is around R1200,00. I've refilled this one for about 6 or 8 years for a couple of Rand a set so I've "made my money" on it.