Armed House Robbery directly Across the Road last Night

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mafioso

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
If anyone lives around where I stay (Kenilworth/Wynberg Cape Town area) please be alerted. Same street where the CT Audio Club meets and turns into Oxford, just a bit further along towards Claremont.

We took the dog for a walk at 6pm and I saw a bloke standing near Mains Ave/Alexandra Road traffic lights and I said to my wife the bloke could be a lookout. The incident must have happened around 7pm when we were already home.

Three of them hit the house armed with pickaxes after somehow getting over a massive, high sliding gate. There were no strange vehicles nearby and according to the cop who came to talk to us, only small portable things got taken.

The house has armed response (ADT) but we heard no alarm.

The interesting part: The very large double storey house next door is currently undergoing extensive renovations for several weeks already. Whoever is working there has had ample chance and a bird's eye view of the victim's property and the occupants' comings and goings.

skollie