Android for DVD playback - what goes?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silversonic

AVForums Super Veteran
Reaction score
I have a collection of around 30 indoor cycling DVD's that are individually watched when indoor training.

In an effort to simplify the viewing process (loading DVD to TV etc,etc) I am considering ripping/re-authoring the DVD's on PC, and then USB/streaming the video files directly to a Samsung Galaxy android device.

Each DVD is around 60 minutes, and purely serves to overcome the boredom associated with indoor cycling - so picture size/quality isn't of much concern. I'd also need to keep an eye on the PC screen to maintain the correct cadence and wattage, applicable to the relevant cycling interval.

The PC is directly linked to the indoor trainer whilst cycling, and the cycling GUI app is too resource intensive to allow simultaneous DVD playback also.

As I have zero android experience - would this seem a practical and efficient solution?  :nfi:

The objective here is to achieve maximum simplicity, with an absolute minimum of processes/steps involved to get the media file up playing - pronto!

Feel free to comment with ideas or questions. The main aim is to get a basic, simple video solution in place. >>

ps: have gone HTPC and was too much clutter, mouse, keyboard etc.  If can substitute a tablet/stylus for a media player setup, then even more perfect.

Latest posts