55" OLED or 65" LED 4k TV?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dingeth

AVForums Member
Reaction score
Hi all

So I've decided it's high time I look at an upgrade in the visual department after 10years. I've currently got a 42" LG TV thats still going strong and has served me well for both movies and gaming, but I think it's time to move to 4k in preparation for the PS5 console.

Ideally I'd love an LG Oled, but my budget doesn't really stretch to the R40k+ that the 65" models are retailing for leaving me with the 55" model which can be found for between R20-25k. For this same amount, however, I could also get a Sony 65" (model x900h) which also does the whole 120hz, HDMI 2.1 etc., Maybe just not quite as well as the LG OLED. Obviously the contrast can't be beat on the LG with its infinite contrast and true blacks. From reviews of both, either will be good for movies.

So my question: for the same price, would the bigger Sony be a good move for that "home cinema" experience, or would the smaller LG still be the better bet due to the inherent benefits of OLED? (And then just move my couch closer to the TV  :giggle:)

FWIW, my TV room is a decent size and my couch is currently around 3.2m from the TV, which is wall mounted.

Thanks!

Latest posts