Author Topic: Terberdore "This is Africa" Coffee  (Read 2115 times)

Offline resham

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • www.imagica.co.za
Terberdore "This is Africa" Coffee
« on: August 18, 2021, 07:59:15 PM »
I have often had my favourite coffees, one being House of Coffees "VIP Gold". Another one introduced to me by a friend a few years backwas Terberdore "This is Africa"

It's a pretty great tasting Medium roast, if you want to try something out I would highly recommend this. Let me know what you think

www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline AlienLlama

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Terberdore "This is Africa" Coffee
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2021, 08:06:49 PM »
I have often had my favourite coffees, one being House of Coffees "VIP Gold". Another one introduced to me by a friend a few years backwas Terberdore "This is Africa"

It's a pretty great tasting Medium roast, if you want to try something out I would highly recommend this. Let me know what you think

I agree Resham, it's definitely the best one that terberdore makes. I just find that the terberdore coffee does not always sell that quickly and therefore sots longer on the shelf than other coffees. The great dane (dark roast)is also not too bad.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline JoziNic

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2021, 08:38:42 PM »
I agree Resham, it's definitely the best one that terberdore makes. I just find that the terberdore coffee does not always sell that quickly and therefore sots longer on the shelf than other coffees. The great dane (dark roast)is also not too bad.

The terbodore team do a fantastic job, proper professionals. Iíve been buying their pods now for about 4 months as itís sometimes easier to just pull a shot from then pod than grind, tamp, extract. Especially since both my hands are very seldom free for extended periods (with a housemate that requires being carried around else he screams it down).

If youíre looking for EXCELLENT quality roasted beans that arenít overpriced. Check out Royal coffee roasters. He is based in meyersdal, but roasts and ships around the country. At R400 your shipping is free.
His Brasil is superb, as is his Costa Rica.
He has small lot aswell and is masterful when it comes to roasting and ensures he gets quality beans.
He roasts weekly and normally ships every Wednesday/Thursday
I am yet to have feedback from someone who tried it that said they didnít love the beans

This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Offline Gohde

• Trade Count: (+1)
  • AVForums Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2021, 09:06:38 PM »
Iím in Pretoria East and found my happy beans at Roastmasters Ö Iíve long been fond of Ethiopian coffee, the slightly citrusy and maybe blueberry notes that it often has, so their single origin Ethiopian is my current go to. I have tried their Wiener Mischung Dark Roast too, and had some for the occasional Espresso (even though technically not an Espresso roast I think).

And they are super lovely: I got there once a month, on the school run, and I always get a free coffee to go and they know regularly roast and pack it fresh for me right there. (They also sell empty coffee sacks - good for some refuse or something to keep in the boot for transporting dirty stuff).

Might give the Terbodore a try. So far Iíve tried BeanThere, which is felt was a little less enjoyable. A little harsher. There is also South African grown coffee, but itís more a novelty, rather than delicacy.

Online Wolla

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Re: Terbodore Coffee
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 12:59:48 AM »
Sorry to be 'that guy', but the correct spelling is TERBODORE coffee.

I have not tried the 'This is Africa' one yet, but may well try it the next time we order, thanks.

We only buy online directly from Terbodore, here: https://www.terbodorecoffee.co.za/

Have been a Terbodore customer for many years and believe both their coffee and service to be of a very high standard. Pricing is consistent and they always reach out with a feeling of 'personal touch' when ordering directly from them.

Delivery fee to your door is only R60 - countrywide.

Its always fresh and we just received another batch of 8kg 'English Toffee' beans today, which is our favorite.

Cheers.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2021, 01:15:56 AM by Wolla »

Online FranZAR

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+26)
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 04:30:25 AM »
...There is also South African grown coffee, but itís more a novelty, rather than delicacy.

Probably one of the best SA brands I have ever tasted. The Dark Roast is particularly good.

https://www.sabievalleycoffee.com/
Exclamť 150|Whisper|Croak SL1200|SP10|Moth Audio MK808|Sumiko Pearwood|AuraLic|Cardas|Sonor Claro

Online Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2021, 06:29:49 AM »
Green Bean Coffee Roastery.

https://www.greenbeancoffee.co.za/

2 amazing old ducks own & run the place - Iris & Lee. Iris was born in Tanzania & spent much of her adult life as a bush pilot in east & north Africa - in many of the coffee growing regions where they source their beans from!

They are based at the Casalinga restaurant premises out in Muldersdrift & of course they do deliver!
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Offline optimus

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2021, 08:04:28 AM »
As I drink my coffee milk and sugar free, I tend to enjoy trying out different single origins. Origin roasters in CT has provided me with with many a good cup.

https://www.originroasting.co.za/

For my regular cuppa, a mate of mine opened coffee notes after quitting his day job. Decent beans, decent prices.

https://www.coffeenotes.co.za/

A new contender for my business though is Black Wolf Coffee (find them on instagram)

Similar model to Origin roasters.

Offline rodga

• Trade Count: (+20)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2021, 08:16:53 AM »
As I drink my coffee milk and sugar free, I tend to enjoy trying out different single origins. Origin roasters in CT has provided me with with many a good cup.

https://www.originroasting.co.za/

For my regular cuppa, a mate of mine opened coffee notes after quitting his day job. Decent beans, decent prices.

https://www.coffeenotes.co.za/

A new contender for my business though is Black Wolf Coffee (find them on instagram)

Similar model to Origin roasters.

Im no web designer expert, but please ask you mate to redesign his website, it looks like its from the 90's and that colour scheme does not help either.

Offline resham

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+16)
  • www.imagica.co.za
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2021, 02:13:34 PM »
@AlienLlama - Bizarrely, I found the local Mr Price Home storing them, but glad to have easier access to it :-)
@JoziNic - thanks I did like their coffee when they had the coffee shop at Stoneridge SS. Will make a plan to go to Meyersdal for a cuppa.

@Wolla - my spelling is generally precise, thanks for the correction :-) - silly of me considering the spelling was staring me in the face, LOL; I haven't tried the flavoured ones. I typically stay away from flavoured ones as I can't drink as much, but will try one next !

Thanks gents for the recommendations, will try those out too.

Wonder if these coffee websites run Java ?  :BWAHAHAH:
www.imagica.co.za
AV Custom Installers

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+180)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2021, 02:30:03 PM »
Have ordered some This is Africa

Have previously tried Ethiopian Yirgacheffee Kochere (muddy, lacking in flavour, farmyard smell), Ethiopian Sidama (similar but more fruity), Kenyan Githaka (really good but a bit short on taste).  The best so far is Colombian La Piramide from Cauca

All these from Quaffee in Constantia.  Free delivery in Cape Town

Their value for money is Old School Blend at R200/1kg
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline mahleu

• Modem Forumator
  • Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+20)
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2021, 05:31:50 PM »
We order a lot from Terbodore. Their Nespresso pods are way cheaper than the official ones. We use an assortment of their beans too.
Commercial Property Broker- Upper Highway KZN

Offline chrisc

• Trade Count: (+180)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Condition your mains to condition your ears
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2021, 07:56:23 PM »
Got my This is Africa coffee on Thursday and had 4 friends round this morning.  On the whole they and I were not that taken with the flavour.

We found it somewhat bitter, one person said it was bland.  I have by now had 9 cups and would rate it a 7 out of 10.  I suggested to the folks this morning that it might have been a bit burnt, hence the bitterness

A while ago I had some beans that obviously had been roasted too long.  This went back to Quaffee and they immediately exchanged it
Music is the shorthand of emotion

Offline JoziNic

• Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #13 on: October 27, 2021, 11:53:24 PM »
found these guys this week (https://kingsmancoffee.co.za/) just down the road from us @resham they've been roasting for 8 years, very decent including some micro lot beans.
This stereo record cannot be played on old tin boxes no matter what they are fitted with. If you are in possession of such equipment please hand it into the nearest police station

Online Wolla

• Trade Count: (+103)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Re: Terbodore Coffee
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2021, 01:16:25 AM »
Sorry to be 'that guy', but the correct spelling is TERBODORE coffee.

I have not tried the 'This is Africa' one yet, but may well try it the next time we order, thanks.

We only buy online directly from Terbodore, here: https://www.terbodorecoffee.co.za/

Have been a Terbodore customer for many years and believe both their coffee and service to be of a very high standard. Pricing is consistent and they always reach out with a feeling of 'personal touch' when ordering directly from them.

Delivery fee to your door is only R60 - countrywide.

Its always fresh and we just received another batch of 8kg 'English Toffee' beans today, which is our favorite.

Cheers.

Terbodore currently has a 17th birthday special on all their coffees up until 31 October, just use "happy17" as discount/coupon code for 17% off at checkout.