Author Topic: Antivir Software Floggers - What a lot of @ssholes!  (Read 2893 times)

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
Antivir Software Floggers - What a lot of @ssholes!
« on: April 11, 2011, 01:32:41 PM »
I know there's free antivirus software like AVG and others but my preference is to go to a shop, check out the likes of Norton, Panda, Kasparski etc etc and decide what disc to buy.

It so happens that I have become accustomed to Panda and have bought their software discs in person at the same place for the last 5 or 6 years.

All of these brands spam you but Panda is something else. Towards the end of your subscription, you get spammed with renewal notices several times each day. There ARE options about the frequency of these notices and I usually click on 1month interval reminders but it doesn't help.

I've tried to block their IP address with my service provider but this doesn't work either (something strange happens - like a 'shivering' hourglass) - so I can't do that either to get rid of their spam.

For the past three years, I got so bloody p#ssed-off that I wrote them the k@kkest of k@k letters to try and stop their intrusions.

This does bring results - an all sweetness and light response - an apology of sorts and an extension of 4 or 5 months of the current subscription.

I cannot believe any sane business can shoot themselves in the arse, head and fanny all at once and p#ss-off their loyal customers like this.

The others are just the same - I know Norton also sends renewal spam repeatedly.

mafioso
« Last Edit: April 11, 2011, 01:34:54 PM by mafioso »
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline The Godfather

Re: Antivir Software Floggers - What a lot of @ssholes!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2011, 01:38:47 PM »
waahaha

try nod32, ms security essentials

Offline chipwelder

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2011, 01:41:57 PM »
Nod32 is nice, until the update fails.... or something is not lekker on the puter... Can't say others are better - I prefer Nod at the mo.
OK! I've had it! I don't give anymore Kharma. Kharma should work in mysterious ways...

Offline Scrat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Real men don't drink pink drinks, Dave....
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2011, 02:16:46 PM »
No qualms with AVG yet. Just does its thing without me ever knowing its there.
It's not the size of the sub, it's where you place it.

Offline AudioEngineer

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2011, 03:10:20 PM »
The best source for independent comparison of anti-virus products is here" http://www.av-comparatives.org/. The latest report is December 2010. Look at the report and make up yor own mind about what is best for you...
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one. (Albert Einstein)

Offline Scrat

• Trade Count: (+6)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Real men don't drink pink drinks, Dave....
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:45:25 PM »
Awesome link, thanks AE
It's not the size of the sub, it's where you place it.

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 05:34:04 PM »
I'd like to sympathise, but all told, how many of you really need to be running Windows?
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline skollie

• R.I.P.
  • Trade Count: (+5)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Cableth make no differenth. Ith all in the plugth.
    • Blue Angel
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 05:41:08 PM »
The best source for independent comparison of anti-virus products is here" http://www.av-comparatives.org/. The latest report is December 2010. Look at the report and make up yor own mind about what is best for you...

Thanks for the link. I'll have a look later. Got two apologies from the bastids so far. And more spam from them despite having been informed they'll stop it.

mafioso
If you don't like my principles, I have others - Groucho Marx

Offline Skeeter

Re: Re: Antivir Software Floggers - What a lot of @ssholes!
« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2011, 11:13:13 AM »
No, the best place for comparatives is www.virusbtn.com. NOD32 has been rocking it at the top for years now. They have 67 passes since Feb 98!! I will personally be sticking with NOD32 for the foreseeable future. No spam and personalized after sales support is really good.

Sent using Tapatalk