Any experience with NAD C316BEE vs. D3020 vs. external USB DAC?

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tonteldoos

AVForums Veteran
Reaction score
In my study, I've been using an ASUS Xonar Essence STX sound card, playing into a NAD C316BEE with a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 10.1s. And I love this setup! But I've had to remove the sound card, because it was too close to my new graphics card, so it caused terrible noise when the fans on the graphics card started up... (look out for a perfectly functional and well-loved Xonar Essence in the Classifieds soon).

So I now have the option to either buy an external USB DAC, or sell both the card and the NAD C316BEE and get the new NAD D3020, which covers all of the requirements (integrated amp with USB DAC). Of course if I do the latter, I will have the option to add an external DAC later anyway... (oh how we justify this terrible hobby).

So the two-part question is, does anyone have any experience with either or both of these amps as integrated amps? And with the D3020 as a DAC, vs. other USB DACs?

Latest posts