Author Topic: Squeezebox fun  (Read 1110 times)

Offline LAV

Squeezebox fun
« on: June 13, 2011, 09:26:34 AM »
So, things are starting to happen. I have the use of a loan Squeezebox due to the kindness of a fellow forumite. I did a temp. SB server install on Windows (yes, yes, I know it's cheating, but this is just for testing because the test box had a running OS already).

Everything's working really well, the web server is rather cool and makes accessing the music library a breeze.

I got my new HP Microserver on Saturday, so the next few days will be spent in installing Ubuntu server and SB server on the new box.

The Squeezebox Touch is in the mail  :)
Vaal Triangle (Southern Gauteng)

Offline Rotten Johnny

Re: Squeezebox fun
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2011, 09:31:30 AM »
I got my new HP Microserver on Saturday, so the next few days will be spent in installing Ubuntu server and SB server on the new box.
If it takes few days to install Ubuntu Server and SBS on that box you should give it away cause there'd be a moerse problem between the keyboard and monitor. ;D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 09:37:55 AM by audiomuze »
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline LAV

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2011, 09:52:27 AM »
Haha, let me rephrase then: "In between my otherwise hectic schedule it will take a bit longer than usual to install Ubuntu and set up my new Microserver. The few days post installation will then be spent ripping the last batch of my CDs to flac, depending also on how much wine I consume in between swopping discs and scanning cover art"  ;D ;D

Offline Rotten Johnny

« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2011, 09:59:41 AM »
So, you admit to sitting between the keyboard & monitor - I was supposed to type chair and keyboard ?  :o

When you've got it up and running you'll likely get some mileage out of the following plugins:
Album Review
Biography
Lazy Search Music
Spicefly
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 10:04:03 AM by audiomuze »
I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things -- Tom Waits

Free your mind...and your ass will follow.

Offline LAV

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2011, 10:02:00 AM »
So, you admit to sitting between the keyboard & monitor?  :o
I thought I admitted to having a drinking problem  :P :D