Audio and Video Talk > General Discussion

HDMI Extender over Ethernet questions

(1/3) > >>

dolt:
Hi Everyone,

I recently bought a device like this:
https://shop.dbg.co.za/hdm-ex060irl.html

Its a converter box pair, transmitter and receiver.
Transmitter box has an HDMI in, HDMI out, ethernet out, IR out.
Receiver box has ethernet in, IR in, HDMI out.

The reason for such a box is that my satellite tv box doesn't have dual view, and I have 2 TVs, some distance away in separate rooms.
Fortunately its fairly convenient to use an ethernet cable, but too long for HDMI.

However this device just does not seem to work. black screen on the receive side tv. tried shorter cables as well. cat5e and cat6. i cant get it to work. Is there something I'm missing or do these type of things just not usually work in general?

Thanks in advance.

resham:
If it's a D-Tech it's not the best.

These are also very fussy about the cables being used, so maybe a shielded one may work. The better ones are generally more expensive.

Resh

DACMan1:
Have you tried connecting the HDMI out of the transmitter to a TV near the decoder? I suspect that is needed for the extender to work. Either that or HDCP is giving you trouble.

dolt:

--- Quote from: DACMan1 on January 21, 2022, 08:51:01 AM ---Have you tried connecting the HDMI out of the transmitter to a TV near the decoder? I suspect that is needed for the extender to work. Either that or HDCP is giving you trouble.

--- End quote ---

I have. This part does work. The TV on the receive side however shows nothing.

--- Quote from: resham on January 21, 2022, 08:48:59 AM ---If it's a D-Tech it's not the best.

These are also very fussy about the cables being used, so maybe a shielded one may work. The better ones are generally more expensive.

Resh

--- End quote ---

Oh Dear, that's a pity. This is actually the second device I've tried. The first was a no name one which didn't have the IR component.

I know that nothing is wrong with my ethernet cable. However, I do notice I am at the limit for cat5e which appears to be 50m. Maybe a shorter one might work. Maybe the shorter one I have tried is just cat5 and not cat5e.

Thanks for the suggestion.

resham:
I spoke to the supplier now. They mentioned at these lengths Bare copper ethernet works better than CCA

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version