Author Topic: Sunflowers Redux build  (Read 4097 times)

Online naboo

Re: Sunflowers Redux build
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2022, 07:32:02 PM »
The dog blankets and PEP store blankets are really thin these days. I asked around at Chamberlain's and got some thicker stuff, I think it gets used with drainage pipes...anyway, much thicker.

Still need to do the sides.

Sent from my SM-N981B using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 09, 2022, 12:42:18 AM by FranZAR »

Online naboo

« Reply #61 on: May 08, 2022, 08:37:47 AM »
I'm not spending more time and money on undercoat, I'm not going to it perfect so for now it is what it is.

By the way, I was using Rustoleum flat grey primer in spray cans. Really easy to sand and apply, but a can only gets you so far, so it is much better for smaller jobs, otherwise you can end near R1k just for primer.

Offline fredeb

« Reply #62 on: May 08, 2022, 03:55:10 PM »
Amazing ! Looking goooood Martin . :thumbs:

...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts

Online Orcish75

« Reply #63 on: May 08, 2022, 06:21:56 PM »
Excellent stuff!! Looking really good.  :2thumbs:

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #64 on: May 11, 2022, 06:42:50 PM »
It is lovely to see the good progress you are making. I really like the look of the wood sides.  :2thumbs:

Online naboo

« Reply #65 on: May 12, 2022, 07:47:56 AM »
Thank you fredeb, curly and orcish. Will continue in a week or two, taking a break in the karoo where the music comes from birds and sheep. And horses. And donkeys. Pigs. Silence. You get the idea

Offline Curlycat

« Reply #66 on: May 12, 2022, 07:16:58 PM »
.... taking a break in the karoo where the music comes from birds and sheep. And horses. And donkeys. Pigs. Silence. You get the idea

Sounds like the stars  ;)

Offline fredeb

« Reply #67 on: May 12, 2022, 08:18:02 PM »
Thank you fredeb, curly and orcish. Will continue in a week or two, taking a break in the karoo where the music comes from birds and sheep. And horses. And donkeys. Pigs. Silence. You get the idea

Sounds like an old Pink Floyd album , when Syd Barrett was still around , before everything became morose and self-obsessed .

https://youtu.be/tS_9UlOn06o

« Last Edit: May 12, 2022, 08:21:59 PM by fredeb »
...evolution is the gradual development and stratification of progressive series of wholes, stretching from the inorganic beginnings to the highest level of spiritual creation.
Jan Smuts