Author Topic: What is your profession.  (Read 2554 times)

Offline Nirvana

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Very Addicted
Re: What is your profession.
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2022, 05:18:58 PM »
^ I've managed to acquire a few of these odd amps, and they've helped me to achieve my MBA -

Musically Bewitched Audiophile  :groovy:  :dance:  :cleansound:
Never b flat,never b sharp,always b natural

Offline seanjammy

• Trade Count: (+36)
  • AVForums Veteran
    • AVInside
« Reply #16 on: January 15, 2022, 05:37:21 PM »
Financial Planner in private practice in Cape Town for the past 17 years.
Not sure what I'm doing wrong...most of my clients are much wealthier than me... :facepalm:
The way it should be. Some time ago I started wondering why my financial planner was always bragging about his cars/holidays/house purchases etc. He inferred that I should trust him with our money because he was so successful.

As it turned out, he was able to afford these toys because he charged extortionate fees, his recommendations purely based on what made him coin. I was ignorant and trusted him, and paid the price.

So good on you, keep making your clients rich, hopefully not at your expense, Iím sure most would want you to profit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
www.avinside.co.za - Music Machine Contentspace and Marketplace

Offline XL1000

• Trade Count: (+96)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
    • Harcourts Rhino Real Estate
« Reply #17 on: January 15, 2022, 07:19:49 PM »
I have the privilege of managing Harcourts Rhino, Rand, Helderkruin Realtors and Rentals Dot Com West.
They gave it the title of CEO but honestly, I do everything from garden maintenance to the groups IT.
So real estate is where I find myself, I was recruited away from a firm of attorneys I was working for. I was an estate agent many years before and studied in Durban where I wrote exams.
I absolutely love what I am doing and in my short three years have seen our Rhino office become the No 1 office in South Africa within Harcourts. So, a late start in life but very grateful to have been given the opportunity.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. Plato

Offline DeonC

• Trade Count: (+15)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #18 on: January 15, 2022, 07:23:42 PM »
Clerk in the SAPS. Nothing more to say at the moment. :)
Life is not measured by the breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.

Offline ghostinthemachine

• Commercial Member
  • Trade Count: (+14)
  • Dewald
« Reply #19 on: January 15, 2022, 09:04:40 PM »
I am an audio technician for the past 20 years. Within the audio tech career it has meandered from simple repairs to studio tech work and every other possible scenario in between. I love what I do. I love music.
Hi-Fi is what YOU make of it. See my Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/dewaudioza & my YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC1YZJWgrGwdCYSyGP8JEd7Q

Offline capetownwatches

• Trade Count: (+13)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
  • Iacta Alea Est
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2022, 05:48:12 AM »
The way it should be. Some time ago I started wondering why my financial planner was always bragging about his cars/holidays/house purchases etc. He inferred that I should trust him with our money because he was so successful.

As it turned out, he was able to afford these toys because he charged extortionate fees, his recommendations purely based on what made him coin. I was ignorant and trusted him, and paid the price.

So good on you, keep making your clients rich, hopefully not at your expense, Iím sure most would want you to profit too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks to the implementation of TCF (Treating Customers Fairly) and other initiatives, no client should be unaware of exactly what they are paying for their broker's services.
And they must be reminded of this on a regular basis.

My business is purely based upon the simple precept of putting clients first - do that and everything else will essentially take care of itself.
A lesson I learned the hard way during 20-odd years of Retail in a previous life.

And hey, there are far worse things in life than driving a 10 year old car... ;)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2022, 05:50:21 AM by capetownwatches »

Offline andredt

• Trade Count: (+10)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2022, 06:18:30 AM »
Partner in a Electrical Panel Manufacturing Company. So we Build anything from a Little DB to Massive Containerized substations.
For the love of music.
B&W Rotel Marantz Yamaha Micro Seiki