Audio and Video Talk > Cable talk

Supra cables

(1/1)

Marius van Reenen:
Hi all.
I've recently upgraded my speakers (both stereo and HT). The change necessitated a change in room configuration. The result is that my existing monster cables will need to be replaced.

I've recently come across Supra cables which I've used for my new Sonor Audio Draco subs and they are great. I am looking for views on their speaker cables. Does anyone have any experience? Should I consider something else?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

chrisc:
The main consideration is always the cross-section of the copper.   The voltages in speaker cables are not miniscule like a phono unit, therefore are less susceptible to outside interference

Doubtless there are those who prefer one brand of cable over another.  One forum member, Dean, is the agent for van der Hul.  Their range of cables will do the job admirably

Browse through the classifieds and see if the length and type meets your requirements.   For instance, are the stereo pair bi-wired?

Marius van Reenen:
Thanks Chris.
My Claro 8.2s can be bi-wired but are not currently. The aim is to bi-amp and wire as I replace the cables.

chrisc:
It is a worthwhile improvement.  The science behind bi-wiring is solid

To be "blinded by science", read some of the Chord cable website literature.  Nothing at all wrong with Chord products, in fact I'm using some myself, but their approach to technical advertising is intriguing

Marius van Reenen:
Thanks. I have made a call on how to proceed. I appreciate the advice.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version