HD Video Camera, Editing, etc.

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PierredW

Reaction score
I currently sit with an old TV, Video Camera and a Toshiba HD Recorder. My video editing currently consist of what the Toshiba can do, split chapters, add titles and delete unwanted footage.

It is time to upgrade to HD but I have many questions so I hope this is the correct place to get some help:

1. The TV will be either LCD/LED or Plasma, 1080P in 42 inch.
2. Camera in the R10 - R15k price range. Like the Panasonic TM700 but Sony and Canon also have nice ones. Any advice?
3. Require a Blu Ray player
4. I want to do decent editing, which PC package will be the best for an amateur who want to create decent home movies. It must be able to handle HD and have the facility to write to a Blu Ray writer.
5. I have lots of DVD's which I would like to re-edit. They were created on a Panasonic HD recorder and later on the Toshiba and then finalised. I believe once in that format on a DVD you cannot use the PC Package to edit. Is there a way that it can be done, must you convert the file to something else or are there specific packages that can do it.
6. I believe editing HD image require a powerfull PC. How powerfull(specs?), obviously a Blu Ray writer will be included.

I will appreciate help a lot.

Regards

Latest posts