Author Topic: Stained marble top  (Read 337 times)

Offline legro

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Super Veteran
Stained marble top
« on: November 26, 2021, 01:12:05 PM »
As above.

Thought to drop this here because I've come to believe that the accumulative wisdom collected here well exceeds knowledge of things HiFi.

White marble table top. Has what actually looks like water stains on it. Despite heroic efforts just not coming off. Dr Google  and Nurse YouTube suggest many things ( Sunlight liquid, baking soda, granite cleaner etc etc etc ) none of which have been up to the task.

Any suggestions?

Offline Des Miles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
Re: Stained marble top
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2021, 08:00:12 PM »

Once had a marble table that was also stained. Unfortunately, could not remove the stain. I could see on the edge of table that the stain had penetrated a couple mm. into the marble. Possibly some types of marble are softer.  :nfi:
I saw Sputnik, well... actually the booster rocket that went into orbit with it!!

Offline Trompie67

• Trade Count: (+8)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 05:03:37 AM »
Marble or granite? Marble is softer, so the stain could penetrate deeper.

You could try Marblelife, they restore marble and granite tops in situ.

Our current kitchen has Caesarstone countertops which are bloody awful - especially after having had granite in the old house.
"Trumpets are a bit more adventurous; they're drunk! Trumpeters are generally drunk. It wets their whistle."
Paul McCartney

With thanks to F_D for this pearl of wisdom!

Offline creyneke

• Trade Count: (0)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2021, 07:44:43 AM »
I have successfully removed stains (Red wine bottle left overnight after one too many)  with Chemico Multi Purpose Paste (Pink tub).

Rub it on with the green scourer side of a sponge, not too hard. Slow circle motion, you should see the stain going away. Leave it for 5 - 10 minutes and then polish residue away and it should be good to go.