Author Topic: Insect in my ear ...  (Read 588 times)

Offline ron g

• Trade Count: (+31)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
Re: Insect in my ear ...
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2021, 09:04:15 AM »

you sure it wasn't just an extreme reaction to christmas music? :whistler:
i get a similar feeling sometimes when i go into a shop & they have it playing...

hope it all turns out ok & no lasting damage. ears are very sensitive, & any damage can be extremely painful. & loud...
& you sit there in the rubble, till it starts to feel like home
mary gauthier

Offline naughty

• Trade Count: (+30)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2021, 10:12:54 AM »
So... Christmas came early to you? It is a horrible experience, I go nuts when a mozzie dive-bombs into my ear let alone something as large as that.

Last night I shuffled the pillows around just before retiring and one of those vicious big brown cockroaches crawled from under the pillow. YUCK! I doomed it with the speed of Startrek, but found him still crawling around the floor this morning, although on its last legs as well. I stomped it.

-F_D

you have to be careful spraying cockroaches with commercial sprays - they often take very long to die and then they lay loads of eggs and the offspring are then immune to those particular sprays - so all those Doom and Raid things are effectively all but useless and make things much worse rather than better as far as cockroaches go

only way to properly get rid of them is proper fumigation ie call in the fumigators and cover up sensitive items and leave home for a day or two to let them do the job - plus its best to use fumigators who use both industrial strength spray and powders in tandem and also who change their formulas regularly for the spray
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 10:20:36 AM by naughty »

Online Family_Dog

• Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+44)
  • Real Amplifiers Glow in the Dark.
    • Repcom 2-way Radios
« Reply #17 on: November 25, 2021, 03:40:42 PM »
Damnit Nittin, I have to sleep tonight but now I will lie awake cringing for fear of those buggers hatching and start crawling looking for their ma. Hopefully, it was a male 'roach...

Interesting fact that I was not aware of, so next time will be an immediate SPLAT!

-F_D

you have to be careful spraying cockroaches with commercial sprays - they often take very long to die and then they lay loads of eggs and the offspring are then immune to those particular sprays - so all those Doom and Raid things are effectively all but useless and make things much worse rather than better as far as cockroaches go

only way to properly get rid of them is proper fumigation ie call in the fumigators and cover up sensitive items and leave home for a day or two to let them do the job - plus its best to use fumigators who use both industrial strength spray and powders in tandem and also who change their formulas regularly for the spray

-Eric

That Guy in South Africa...
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/vintage_tube/

Offline Des Miles

• Trade Count: (+2)
  • AVForums Veteran
« Reply #18 on: November 25, 2021, 05:12:34 PM »
Damnit Nittin, I have to sleep tonight but now I will lie awake cringing for fear of those buggers hatching and start crawling looking for their ma. Hopefully, it was a male 'roach...

Interesting fact that I was not aware of, so next time will be an immediate SPLAT!

-F_D

Not sure, but don't the big dark ones also fly? Can easly come in via an open window. I may be thinking of a different type.
I saw Sputnik, well... actually the booster rocket that went into orbit with it!!

Offline marantz123

• Forum Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+4)
  • I learnt more from The Internet when it was slower
« Reply #19 on: November 25, 2021, 05:20:23 PM »
Now that you really listened to the Beatle(s) what did you think ?
« Last Edit: November 25, 2021, 05:22:36 PM by marantz123 »

Offline JonnyP

• Trade Count: (+50)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • To the centre of the city in the night
« Reply #20 on: November 25, 2021, 06:50:28 PM »
Big cockroaches can fly, I know from experience both from seeing the buggers land on the bedroom wall when the window was open, and from one landing on my face at a braai a few years ago.  I tend to ‘coax them down’ with Doom then immediately stomp them with a slipper.  Then they go straight into the bin whether they are still moving a bit or not (to stop them laying eggs).

I’ve had a fly in my ear before (luckily after a minute it exited of its own volition) which was a rather disorienting experience, hope there is no lasting effect from this.
When the sun is dying, we'll cross the causeway of no memory.....