Insect in my ear ...

AVForums

Help Support AVForums:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dolby

AVForums Grandmaster
Reaction score
So thought I'd share something that happened on Monday night :

It was around 20:30 and I was sitting browsing my phone - when suddenly an inset flew direct into my ear .. and before I could even brush it off, it started burrowing into (what felt like) my brain . It was without doubt, the one of the worst feelings I've had and I literally went off my head screaming and thrashing my body around to get this out. The noise and feelings were indescribable and I couldn't even tell my partner what was happening. 

I threw my clothes off and jumped into the shower to get warm/hot water in my ear ... and finally, this thing stopped moving. At this point she'd already got hold my neighbor and I could verbalize what happened. We rushed the emergency room and ... 3 hour wait (!) with only 1 doctor available .

Long story short - it was a peanut sized Christmas beetle that burrowed into my 'head' possible damaging my ear . It only stopped at the ear drum because there was no where to go. I still need to monitor the pain / inflammation and more importantly the hearing

Beetle.jpg

Latest posts