Author Topic: [SOLVED] HP MicroServer, GT210, XBMC Live - No Audio on HDMI  (Read 3064 times)

Offline jaxx

Hi,

Just thought Id post this here as I know there are others who are going the HP/XBMC route, and may experience the same issue.

From my research, the HP MicroServer and Inno3D GT210 should have worked with XBMC Live out of the box - others have managed to get everything up and running on the original XBMC live install without changes.

I wasnt so lucky - the video on HDMI worked 1st time - no issues. However I couldnt get the audio on the HDMI even after setting up XBMC to output audio on HDMI. I did created the boot USB on my laptop - not sure if this has anything to do with the problem - but in any case the following solved my issue :

1) Install the latest Nvidia drivers.
( I must be honest, I dont know if this step is neccessary, as I upgraded the drivers before making any changes - if I ever get a chance to confirm I will update this post)
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ubuntu-x-swat/x-updates
sudo apt-get update && sudo apt-get install nvidia-current nvidia-current-modaliases nvidia-settings

2) Create a asound.conf file as follows : sudo nano /etc/asound.conf

Add the following text into the file, and save :
pcm.!default {
   type plug
   slave {
       pcm "hw:0,3"
       rate 48000
   }
}

3) Reboot, and done.

As a check, I deleted the asound.conf, and there was no audio once again.

Hope this helps...
« Last Edit: June 02, 2011, 11:30:23 AM by jaxx »

Offline fdlsys

• Vinylist, DIYer
  • Trade Count: (+99)
  • AVForums Grandmaster
  • Do you like life, sweetheart?
Re: [SOLVED] HP MicroServer, GT210, XBMC Live - No Audio on HDMI
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2011, 12:17:32 PM »
Hope this helps...

It most definitely will, thanks for the tip.
If I may ask, could you please post this on the XBMC Forum too, if you haven't already?
The four building blocks of the universe are fire, water, gravel and vinyl. Dave Barry
Come back when you’ve lived a little. Miles Davis